Part Time / Contract Post-Doctoral Psychologist Position Available
Job Posted: October 15, 2018
Job Location: San Francisco/ Hayes Valley Office
Job Title: Post-Doctoral Psychologist
Gateway Psychiatric Services (GPS) is a private, outpatient mental health clinic that values and emphasizes interdisciplinary treatment. We strive to provide exceptional care to those diagnosed with bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder as well as other mood, anxiety, and co-occurring disorders. GPS providers employ cutting-edge and empirically-supported treatments and place great emphasis on our relationships with our patients.
We are excited to be hiring a part-time/ contract psychologist to join our team!
A position with Gateway will provide you with a valuable opportunity to work within a clinic with excellent practitioners of multiple disciplines, including a clinical psychologist, a licensed clinical social worker and Gateway’s psychiatrist and Clinical Director, Peter Forster, MD. Dr. Forster is considered an expert in treating bipolar disorder and is also a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at University of California, San Francisco and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. We hope you will review our website to learn more about our treatment philosophy, our services, and our clinical team: www.gatewaypsychiatric.com.
- A doctoral degree in clinical psychology from an APA accredited institution and a valid license in the state of California
- Proficiency in DSM-V evaluation and diagnostics
- Training and clinical experience providing empirically-supported treatments for bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety disorders (e.g., Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy), with an emphasis on a client-centered, collaborative approach
- Self-motivated and can work independently, while also being a flexible, collaborative, and committed
member of our larger integrative treatment team
- Committed to staying abreast of current research to inform clinical care and interested in extracurricular professional activities, including attending professional conferences
Clinical Psychologist Job Details:
- Contract position with competitive compensation for billable hours (variable) and attendance to clinical team meetings
- Provide comprehensive outpatient psychiatric evaluations, psychoeducation, and psychotherapy for individuals with a mood, anxiety, and co-occurring disorder/s
- Monitor and assess progress based on treatment goals
- Participate in weekly San Francisco team meetings and monthly GPS Clinical Team Meetings
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and your curriculum vitae to Gina Gregory, LCSW at email@example.com. I also welcome any questions you might have about the position. Thank you!