Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Position Available
Job Posted: August 24, 2016
Job Location: San Francisco/ Hayes Valley Office
Job Title: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
We are hiring a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to join our team! A successful candidate for this position is licensed as a CA Registered Nurse and is certified by the CA Board of Registered Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner; ideal candidates carry an ANCC certification. The position is best suited for someone who is self- motivated and can work independently, while also being a flexible, collaborative, and committed member of our larger integrative treatment team. We are seeking an experienced practitioner: someone who has a few years of experience working in the profession beyond the required training period and is proficient in DSM-V diagnostics, psychiatric assessments, psychotherapy, crisis intervention, and psychoeducation. Managerial or charge/triage nurse experience and case management experience would make someone particularly qualified for this position.
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Job Description Details:
- 30 hours per week, salaried position
- Provide comprehensive outpatient psychiatric evaluations, medication management, psychotherapy, psychoeducation, and care coordination for individuals with a mood, anxiety, or co-occurring disorder/s
- Participate in biweekly consultation with Peter Forster, MD and monthly GPS Clinical Team Meetings, which include both case and topic presentations
- May occasionally provide direct service to our patients in other settings, such as outpatient clinics that provide alternative, collaborative care, or possibly in their home or an inpatient hospital setting as necessary
- May assist with developing screening and referral tools to improve our collaboration with primary care providers
If you are interested in this position, we hope you will email your curriculum vitae and any questions about the position to Kelsey Schraufnagel, PsyD at firstname.lastname@example.org.