These are links to videos posted on YouTube that may be relevant to patients or of use to clinicians at Gateway.
Most of these videos are used frequently as part of our treatment with patients.
- Retrospective Mood Chart – This video talks about the value of creating a retrospective mood chart as well as what the process involves.
- CBASP – Introduction and Session One – This video describes the Cognitive Behavioral Analysis System of Psychotherapy. An approach that was developed specifically to deal with the problems of chronic depression.
- CBASP Session 2 SOH and TH – This video talks about 2 key components of this therapy: the Significant Other History and the Transference Hypothesis.
- PTSD Exposure Rationale – PET Session 3 – This video talks about the rationale for the use of prolonged exposure in the treatment of PTSD.
- PTSD Breath Retraining – This is a brief guide to breath retraining, a technique used for managing anxiety in prolonged exposure therapy.
- PTSD Symptoms – Prolonged Exposure Therapy Session 2
General Information about the Clinic
- Collaboration – How to get the help you need – This is an overview of how we work with patients, it talks about communication and collaboration at both a practical and philosophy of care level
Self Care and Information about Health Problems
- Depression and Support
- Seven Synergistic Steps to Improve Mood – the fastest treatment of depression – This is probably the video that we most often share with patients. It summarizes information about 7 key changes that can be made to reduce depression within days.
- Mood Charting – This is an overview of the daily mood chart process, why it’s useful, and how to do it.
- Treating Chronic Depression – This video discusses some of the challenges facing people with chronic depression and how we combine 3 active treatment approaches in working with people with this difficult condition.
- Treatment of Bipolar Depression – This is a video of a presentation by Dr. Peter Forster and Dr. Kelsey Schraufnagel from Gateway Psychiatric Services given for the International Bipolar Disorder Foundation.