San Francisco/ Hayes Valley Office
Gateway Psychiatric Services (GPS) is a private, outpatient mental health clinic that values and emphasizes interdisciplinary treatment.. We strive to provide exceptional care to those diagnosed with bipolar disorder and major depressive disorder as well as other mood, anxiety, and co-occurring disorders. GPS providers employ cutting-edge and empirically-supported treatments and place great emphasis on our relationships with our patients.
We are excited to be hiring a post-doctoral psychologist to join our team!
Completing your post-doctoral training with Gateway will provide you with a unique opportunity to learn and practice within an interdisciplinary model. In addition to being supervised by an excellent clinical psychologist, you will also work closely with a licensed clinical social worker and Gateway’s psychiatrist and Clinical Director, Peter Forster, MD. Dr. Forster has been elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America and is also a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at University of California, San Francisco and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. Please review our website to learn about our treatment philosophy, our services, and our clinical team: www.gatewaypsychiatric.com.
- A doctoral degree in clinical psychology from an APA accredited institution
– Proficiency in DSM-V evaluation and diagnostics
– Training and clinical experience providing empirically-supported treatments for bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety disorders (e.g., CBT, ACT, DBT, Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy), with an emphasis on a client-centered, collaborative approach
– Self-motivated and can work independently, while also being a flexible, collaborative, and committed member of our larger integrative treatment team
– Committed to staying abreast of current research to inform clinical care and interested in extracurricular activities, including attending and presenting at local and national conferences
Post-Doctoral Psychologist Position Details:
– 26 clinical hours per 40 hour week; hours may possibly be modified for a part-time position
– Competitive salary and benefits package with full time. Salary based on billable hours and may increase with the post-doc’s caseload. Financial assistance is also provided for memberships with psychology organizations and local and national conference attendance
– Provide comprehensive outpatient psychiatric evaluations, psychoeducation, psychotherapy, for individuals with a mood, anxiety, and co-occurring disorder/s
-Monitor and assess progress based on treatment goals
– Participate in weekly supervision with Peter Forster, MD and a staff psychologist as well as weekly San Francisco office team meetings and monthly GPS Clinical Team Meetings
– May occasionally provide direct service to our patients in other settings, such as outpatient clinics that provide alternative, collaborative care, or possibly in their home or an inpatient hospital setting
– Assist in research and quality improvement projects upon request
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, your curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation to Kelsey Schraufnagel, PsyD at email@example.com. I also welcome any questions you might have about the position. Thank you!