Mood Disorders Clinic
The Gateway Psychiatric Mood Disorders Clinic provides specialty evaluation and treatment of adult patients with mood and anxiety disorders. Typical patients range in age from early adulthood to late life, and are diagnosed with a range of disorders including Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, Dysthymia, Panic and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Patients are referred for both one-time diagnostic and treatment second opinions as well as for ongoing care. Biological and psychological therapies are provided by psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists and psychiatric nurse practitioners.
Diagnostic and treatment modalities include:
- Initial diagnostic interviews by clinical staff and an attending psychiatrist.
- Mood chart and treatment analysis using medical records and multiple informant life histories.
- Laboratory and imaging tests including genetic testing, EEG and MRI.
- Ancillary clinical testing including personality and neuro-cognitive testing.
- Psychopharmacologic therapies provided by nationally recognized medical staff who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of mood and anxiety disorders.
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) for people with mood disorders who have not responded to medication and therapy treatment.
- Individual and group cognitive therapy and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
- Specialized treatment programs for patients with bipolar disorder and major depression.
- Complementary therapies (yoga, nutritional supplements, dietary analysis, etcetera) that are evidence based.
- Investigational drug trials available through research protocols.
For additional information about the staff at Gateway, click here .
For information about the Mood Disorders Clinic fees, click here .
If you would like to know how to get started with a consultation go to Beginning a Consultation.