We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our fourth Bipolar 101 Group beginning in June. The group will be held online over Zoom video conferencing and will consist of 6 sessions that are 90 minutes in length for $190 total.
Group meetings will be scheduled so that everyone with an interest can attend. They usually take place in the late afternoon or early evening of a weekday, often on Fridays.
The format is a mix of information about bipolar and discussion among the participants. Many of those who have attended past groups have commented that they especially valued the chance to talk with other people with bipolar.
With that in mind, we will be soon hosting a “Bipolar 101 Alumni” meeting for those who have attended a previous group, designed to facilitate ongoing learning and support for participants.
The Bipolar 101 group will cover topics such as:
- “What is Bipolar?” – What do we know about the causes and what are the implications of this information.
- “How and Why to Keep Track of Mood” – Options for mood charting and why this can make such a difference in how you manage moods.
- “Medications” – The good, the bad, and the ugly. What you need to know about medication options.
- “Substance Use” – The latest on how substances from CBD to LSD affect bipolar. Are some of these potential treatments? We’ll look at the data.
- “Early Detection and Prevention of Severe Mood Swings” – Strategies for preventing routine small ups and downs from turning into mood episodes.
- “Healthy Routines” – How a certain morning routine can help you achieve more stability.
- “Other Treatments” – Non-medication approaches to treatment.
If you are interested, talk to your clinician or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.